Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

CAMIGUIN: The Best Crispy Dried Squid Ever!

Skinless dried pusit

When we arrived at our Camiguin Island Hometel, plenty of squid vendors were approaching us. They were like mushrooms came out from different directions hoping everyone will buy even just a pack from them.

There were two kinds of dried squid for sale, one with skin and the other is skinless. At first I was wondering what's the difference between the two aside from the skin. Why is that the skinless is more expensive than the other because they sell it 3 for 100 and the other is 5 for 100, if my memory served my right. We actually bought 2 kinds to have 2 different pasalubongs.

That night, we tried skinless squid since have 2 free packs, and everyone were surprised. It was totally heaven! I haven't tasted as tasty as this "pusit" (squid) dipped in vinegar before. It was so crispy, very addicting, inviting you to munch more as it perfectly combines with the dip. Compare to what we usually buy from supermarkets or from sidewalk vendors, it was totally different. I swear! Because of that experience, we asked our Hometel to cook it for us the next day again.

On the other hand, we cooked the pusit with skin when went back home and were a little bit disappointed. I thought this one would be more tastier since it has skin that would add flavor to the dish. It was so hard to bite and has a rubbery texture. I was disappointed then, I just realized why it is much cheaper than the other. When I got back to Camiguin, I would definitely snob this and buy bunch of dried skinless pusit!

Camiguin skinless pusit is superb! Nothing can beat this pusit pasalubong ever.

Like this Food Article? Share it with others too!

Want to share your thoughts? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...