Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

CAMIGUIN: Mambajao - Reason Why Few People Swim At Katibawasan Falls

Katibawasan Falls
Having a Camiguin Island tour is definitely a must go spot and you'll never have a chance to miss this 250-feet high Katibawasan falls. It cascades down to its man-made bluish-green catch basin which is surrounded by green trees, plants and ferns. It beautifully located at Mt. Timpoong brgy. upper Pandan, Mambajao. Yes it is a waterfalls found on an Island.

Katibawasan Falls
Because of its location, coldness of the fresh water from the mountain will definitely make you think hard if you are going to swim or not. Coolness can be felt upon entering the gates.

If you weren't able to bring your swimming attire or extra clothes, there are plenty of stores and souvenir shop before entering the gate. You can also eat in a "carinderia" nearby if you don't have plans to have picnic near the falls.

Katibawasan Falls
When went here, it was early in the morning and we were the firsts to experience the falls that day. The water was very clean but it was so cold like what I mentioned earlier, I guess I can't stand it if I plunge in. So just decided to look at them from afar enjoying and take some pictures. Yeah I'm ok and I don't want to be frozen. Next time I would prefer to go here during summer noon that would be very refreshing, I hope. I don't know where or how it is named as "Katibawasan Falls", but for me because of it's freezing cold water surely your "kati mababawasan" haha.

There were no cottage around except for 1 not so nice cement table on the side, so when you go here I guess you can just put your things on the ground, especially peak season where bunch of people will definitely seek this falls.

You can find changing rooms near the falls but it's not that so nice, not advisable for females because someone can peep under, kinda dirty, no water and lights. If you want more privacy and go to comfort room, you can climb up to the stairs at the reception area.

Like this Travel Article? Share it with others too!

Want to share your thoughts? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...